Oh so creamy cauliflower!
Ketogenic recipes are all the rage right now! Although this is not a “health” site, I thought it was important to include a variety of recipes such as this Loaded Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin Casserole recipe.
This is a hearty dish with loads of flavor! By keeping a few simple pantry staples on hand, you can whip up this recipe in no time!
Keto Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin Casserole
The cream cheese and Italian cheese blend lend a wonderfully rich and creamy texture, while the bacon crumbles give it a salty crunch that only bacon can do!
Cauliflower is one of those things that I used to struggle to get my kids to eat. And I don’t blame them! I have a distinct memory of being forced to eat cauliflower as a child.
My parents thought it would be a good idea to pour cheese sauce over the broccoli and cauliflower that they were serving. Needless to say, it didn’t stay down for very long 🤢.
So I try to come up with ways to incorporate veggies, like cauliflower, without making my kids hate it!
My husband even enjoys this dish and he refused to even try cauliflower for the first few years we were together.
I have made this dish several times and time and time again for those people who say that they dislike cauliflower, they become converts!
So whether or not you are on a ketogenic diet, give this loaded cauliflower au gratin a try! You could switch it up with different kinds of cheeses. I mean, everything is better with bacon and cheddar cheese right? Just make sure not to omit the cream cheese, that’s what gives it its creamy texture!
- 4 c. cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. dried dill
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in preheated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on the top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives.