the original Instant Pot, a NuWave pressure cooker. Which in my book, can do just about everything an Instant Pot can do! So, of course, I have been Googling and Pinteresting Instant Pot recipes for beginners to see what I should start with. I was so excited to get started using it and making my dinner prep easier. I can honestly say this is my new favorite kitchen appliance! If you have never tried it before, pressure cooking can sound scary at first. I promise you once you get the hang of it, you will be using that baby like a pro!
Pin This!This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission or other benefit at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Daily Change Jar. Straight out of the box, my NuWave Pressure Cooker included the actual pressure cooker, the inner pot, a soup ladle, a rice spoon, and a measuring cup. Now, there is plenty that you can cook with everything included, however, if you want to get creative here are a few suggestions to add to your kitchen. Now keep in mind, these suggestions are for the Instant Pot, and not the NuWave Pressure cooker. If you are debating which one to purchase, keep in mind, the Instant Pot lid can be fully removed, the NuWave (at least the 8-quart version I have) cannot be detached. So, I can’t make popcorn 😞.
- The Instant Pot is also available in 3-quart, 6-quart, and 8-quart to fit just about any size family.
- Mini Angel Food Cake Pans-These are great for making little angel food cakes in your pressure cooker or other baked goods – (monkey bread, bundt cake, etc).
- Steamer Basket – Available in 3, 6, and 8-quart sizes, can be used for any brand or pressure cooker. There is also a 3-piece divided basket where you can steam multiple types of veggies at once, which is also available in a 3, 6, or 8-quart.
- 9-Inch Glass Lid – This is for the 6-quart Instant Pot only. Make sure before you purchase, you check if your pressure cooker lid can be completely removed, otherwise, this accessory will not work for it.
- Silicone Lid – Now you don’t even have to worry about putting your leftovers in an extra bowl. Now you can keep everything fresh inside the inner pot and pop it back in the pressure cooker to warm it back up.
- Stainless Steel Trivet – This is essential for cooking things like ground chuck or making baked potatoes.
- Spring Form Pans – These are great for making things like cheesecake or other baked goods in your pressure cooker.
- Silicon Sealing Rings – The silicone sealing rings can wear over time, it’s always good to have a few extra on hand.
- Bread Proofing Basket – Want to try your hand at artisan bread making? Make sure you pick up one of these babies!
- Dutch Oven – Dutch ovens are great for making artisan bread! It provides that beautiful crusty outside.
Want access to the Free Printables Library with loads of resources for saving money, making a side income, and managing the money you already have? Enter your info below to get instant access to all the FREE goodies![convertkit form=5262760] Looking for an accessory kit, here is a good one that includes a steamer basket, springform pan, egg steamer tack, steamer trivet, tongs, mini silicon mitts, a cooking time guide, an egg bites mold, and a dish clip (for canning). But before I move on to the recipes, make sure to bookmark this page! That way when you are looking for something easy and super quick to make in your pressure cooker, you can come back here whip up one of these quick and delicious recipes.
Side and SnacksPressure Cook Recipes With 14 different rice recipes, there will be no shortage of beautiful, fluffy rice for the whole family. White rice only takes 15 minutes, while brown rice takes 20 minutes and you don’t even have to stir! Seasonal Cravings I love me some egg salad on toast, but I hate boiling eggs. I could never get them right. Either the yolks turned grey or they didn’t peel easy and I wound up with some botched eggs. This is the recipe I used I try hard-boiling my eggs the first time and they came out perfect!
DinnersThe Salty Marshmallow This isn’t your average mac and cheese, this is a flavor-packed, three-cheese delight! And the best part, it takes less than 10 minutes to get it on the table! Cooking with Karli Soups are a big staple in our house, especially during the winter. With it being so cold here and the tons of activities the kids are in, soups are just easy to make and everyone loves them. Now, with a pressure cooker, I don’t even have to plan 24 hours in advance to whip up a delicious soup! Pressures On I grew up in Italy, so Italian foods are obviously my favorite! Even though I love the cooking process of Italian foods (they take their time) I don’t always have time to cook a great Italian meal. Now you too can whip up a gourmet Italian meal even on a weeknight! Life Family Fun Such a simple recipe. To make it even easier, you can precook the chicken and freeze it and a super quick, weeknight meal. This is also a meal that you could easily adapt to a freezer meal.
You might also like…
- A Money Planner to Make Budgeting Fun and Easy!
- Family Budgeting Basics-What You Need to Get Started
- Save Money by Preventing Food Spoilage!
Breakfasts and DessertsFoodie and Wine You do need a 4 1/2 inch angel food cake pan for this cake, but seriously, how cute and delicious do these look? Make sure to add some extra sprinkles! Little Spice Jar If you have ever cooked a cheesecake in an oven before, you know how finicky it can be. This is a simple, fool-proof recipe that will turn out perfect every time! Also, this is a great recipe to test out using your springform pans. Tidbits I absolutely love homemade yogurt! My 3-year-old’s favorite snack is my homemade yogurt with homemade almond granola. And it makes me feel better knowing exactly what is in it! I love the ability to make yogurt in a pressure cooker and don’t have to worry about incubating it in my dehydrator. Kitchen Nostalgia Oatmeal is a healthy and filling breakfast option great for the whole family. And it only takes 10 minutes so you can even make it in the morning before school. Living Sweet Moments You are going to need a dutch oven for this if you don’t already have one (that is my next kitchen purchase!) You can use the homemade yogurt from above to give the bread that traditional sourdough flavor. Also, if you plan on getting serious about making artisan bread, you might also want to look into a proofing basket to help get that perfectly crispy crust.
You might also like…
- Give Your Grocery Budget a Break with these 6 Meatless Meals
- 10 Useful Tips You Need to Know for Keeping Your House Clean
- Easily Save $1,378 in One Year – 52 Week Savings Challenge
What is your favorite Instant Pot recipes for beginners?
Do you LOVE food?
So do we! Enter your email blow and we'll make sure to send you all the latest a greatest recipes from Foodie And The Fork!