Fun and Easy Back to School Activities for Kids I don’t know about you, but I personally LOVE the back to school season. I don’t exactly love getting up in the morning and getting the kids ready for school, but with a little organization, it’s not so bad. Here are 9 back to school crafts and organizational ideas to keep things fun and mom sane. 1. Easy Paper Plate School Bus 2. Video Interview Questions 3. Apple Teacher Card 4. Printable Coloring Bookmarks 5. Clothes Organization System 6. Sugar Wafer Cookie Pencil 7. DIY Pencil Shoes 8. Superhero Lunchbox Notes 9. DIY Paper Kite
Fun Back to School Activities
1. Easy Paper Plate School Bus[ps2id id='bus' target=''/]
Easy Paper Plate School Bus Shapes Craft from Honey and Lime. A simple and fun craft to get the little ones excited about going back to school! Whether or not your child rides the school bus, this is a fun school themed activity for preschool to grade school children.
2. Video Interview Questions[ps2id id='interview' target=''/]What questions to ask during a back to school video interview with your child from What’s up Fagans? Every year I take a picture of the kids with those cute little signs that say their favorite color, height, weight, etc. I never thought about doing an interview with them, what a fun idea! Katelyn from What’s Up Fagans has put together a list of interview questions to get you started!
3. Apple Teacher Card[ps2id id='apple' target=''/]‘About Me” Apple Card from The Soccer Mom Blog. What a fun way to start the school year and get your preschooler or grade school child ready for the first day of school! Sometimes kids can be shy on the first day of school, but they often love to show off things they have made. This is the perfect craft to get them started talking about themselves on the first day of school!
4. Printable Coloring Bookmarks[ps2id id='bookmarks' target=''/]Back to School Printable Coloring Bookmarks from Delightful Paths. You don’t have to be a devout Christian to appreciate this beautiful printable coloring bookmarks. Jeanette from Delightful Paths gives us “Twelve free back to school printable coloring bookmarks featuring Bible verses to remind your kids (and we grownups!) of some important lessons from Proverbs on wise speech, a good work ethic, and the value of instruction.”
5. Clothes Organization System[ps2id id='organization' target=''/]Clothes organization system from Here Comes the Sun. I can’t tell you how many times we have been running out the door to get to school on time and someone isn’t wearing socks. Take the stress out of getting kids ready for school while letting them feel independent with this snazzy clothes organization system from Here Comes the Sun.
6. Sugar Wafer Cookie Pencil[ps2id id='cookie' target=''/]Sugar Wafer Cookie Pencils from Shaken Together Life. So I know some schools can be very strict about sweets, but these are an adorable little treat that you would bring to the first day of school or for a birthday at school. Just make sure you check with the school first if you are allowed to bring such “sugary” treats, you don’t want to be deemed “that mom.”
7. DIY Pencil Shoes[ps2id id='shoes' target=''/]DIY Pencil Shoes from The Keeper of the Cheerios. I freaking love this! Continuing with the #2 pencil theme, these are such a great craft for little kids, big kids, parents, or even teachers to try out! All you need is a pair of white canvas shoes, a few colors of paint, and some tape.
8. SuperHero Lunchbox Notes[ps2id id='notes' target=''/]Printable Superhero Lunch Box Notes from Timeout with Mommy. Kids love to have that special little note from mom or dad during the day while they are a school. Why not show them how special they are with these adorable superhero notes in their lunchboxes.
9. DIY Paper Kite (with printables)[ps2id id='kite' target=''/]DIY paper kite (with printables) from Personal Creations. This fun and easy to assemble DIY kite from my friends over at Personal Creations is a great activity for kids of all ages!. Get them outside again before school starts with this adorable kite they can personalize!
Sharing is caring. Make sure you pin this for later!You might also like:
- 10 Fun and Frugal Activities to Keep Kids Busy All Summer Long
- The 6 Most Effective Ways to Meal Plan
- Crazy Cheap and Delicious Iced Coffee Recipes
- 10 Frugal Dinners for When You’re Broke
Comment below with your favorite back to school tip or activity!]]>
Do you LOVE food?
So do we! Enter your email blow and we'll make sure to send you all the latest a greatest recipes from Foodie And The Fork!